WELLS FARGO WINTERSKATE
Lace ’em for an evening of ice skating at the Wells Fargo WinterSkate
By Kyle Smelter
We’ve all seen the movie “Elf” (and if you haven’t you should) and the scene where Will Ferrell’s naïve character, Buddy, and Jovie (played by Zooey Deschanel) visit the famous Rockefeller Center ice skating rink while out on their date—you know, the thing you do where you go and get food together. Well, the same holiday spirit of that rink takes shape halfway across the country at the Wells Fargo WinterSkate in downtown St. Paul. Here, everyone from first-timers to people channeling their inner Michelle Kwan come together for a few hours of fun with the backdrop of the historic Landmark Center.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a pair of skates to call your own. Skate rental is $4 per person, but you can score a free pair of skates for every Wells Fargo debit or credit card you flash. But what if Mother Nature doesn’t cooperate? Don’t fret, as the rink is artificially chilled ensuring skate time no matter the temperature.
Here are some more tidbits you should know before bundling up and making your way there:
Nov. 18 through Feb. 11.
- Monday-Thursday 11 a.m. to 4:50 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Free Skating Lessons
- Dec. 2, 9, 16: Session 1 is from 11-11:30 a.m. and Session 2 is from 11:30 a.m.-noon
- Jan. 13, 20, 27: Session 1 is from 11-11:30 a.m. and Session 2 is from 11:30 a.m.-noon
- Mondays and Thursdays: Private Events/Youth Hockey, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays: Corporate Broomball, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Christmas Eve: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Christmas Day: Closed
- New Years Eve: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- New Years Day: Closed